Abby Mercado is the Co-Founder & CEO of Rescripted and a mom of IVF twins. Rescripted is the #1 global social network for people interested in fertility topics, providing tech tools & resources for wherever you are on your journey to build a family. From a vibrant fertility community and trusted IVF content to a tech-enabled fertility pharmacy and mental health counseling, Rescripted brings together everything you need to feel fully supported on your fertility journey.
Abby is a first-time founder but lifelong entrepreneur, and previously a VC investor.
Topics Covered by Abby Mercado in this Episode
- What Rescripted is and how Abby’s personal experience led her to the idea
- Abby’s founder story and how winning a Techstars Startup Weekend gave her the push to commit to her idea
- Abby’s objectives going through the Techstars program while simultaneously starting the company
- What Abby found most valuable from Techstars
- Their experience raising $2M+ exclusively from angel investors
- The blocks they ran into that led to a pivot from B2B to D2C
- Building a friendship and mentorship with Kristyn Hodgdon and eventually merging their businesses
- The process of acqui-hiring Kristyn
- How the concept for Rescripted has evolved over the years into their current multi-prong model
- The tech, tools and resources Rescripted provides as an integrated care platform for fertility patients
- How they’re helping women cope with an infertility diagnosis through mental health programming
- Being community and cohort centric
- How Abby allocates her time
- What’s on deck for Rescripted and their big vision
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇