Adam Mendler is the Chief Executive Officer of The Veloz Group, where he co-founded and oversees ventures across a wide variety of industries: Beverly Hills Chairs, a leading office furniture e-tailer; Custom Tobacco, a one-of-a-kind cigar customization e-commerce platform; and Veloz Solutions, a technology consulting and software development practice. Adam remains active in each portfolio company, providing strategic guidance and support.
Adam also provides business thought leadership as a speaker to businesses, universities and non-profit organizations; as the host of the leadership and personal / professional development podcast Thirty Minute Mentors; as an expert regularly cited in national media outlets; and as an advisor, consultant, coach and board member.
Connect with Adam Mendler
Some of the Topics Covered by Adam Mendler in this Episode
- What being an entrepreneur means for Adam, including the 3 companies within The Veloz Group, being a writer, public speaker, and podcast host
- Addressing demand versus creating demand
- 3 tips on how to lead through the coronavirus crisis
- How to make sure your company and team are prepared for a crisis in the future
- How to communicate with and support your team during this crisis
- Letting go of employees with empathy, compassion and honesty
- The opportunity of talent becoming available due to the COVID-19 crisis layoffs
- How Adam got started as an entrepreneur
- How Adam founded The Veloz Group with his brother and the challenge of defining their direction
- For bootstrap businesses, the importance of choosing which ideas can be most efficiently monetized
- How to decide which business ideas to pursue as an entrepreneur
- Evaluating potential, considering feasibility, and defining your target customer
- Juggling different ventures and the importance of being "Dr. No"
- The importance of being self-reflective as a leader and entrepreneur
- Adam's perspective on making mistakes
- Adam's book recommendations
- How Adam's day-to-day has changed during the COVID crisis
- What tools Adam uses to maximize his day
- Being a baseball fan during the crisis, and an Angels fan in Los Angeles
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇