Amit Mishra is the Co-Founder and CEO of iMocha, a company providing AI-powered digital skills assessments.
iMocha enables tech hiring managers and learning and development professionals with the ready-to-use, latest, and most comprehensive online skills assessment solution, offering 2000+ skills tests.
About Our Partner
This episode is also brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country’s fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work”, 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
Some of the Topics Covered by Amit Mishra in this Episode
- What iMocha does, how it got started, and some aspects of their customer discovery
- What the product looked like in the early days of iMocha
- Going from $500/year ACV to $30K/year ACV
- How Amit was acquiring customers in the early years for iMocha
- Amit's experience in the Microsoft Accelerator
- Going from $15K MRR to $200K+ MRR
- The importance of focusing on the right customer segment and use case
- How increasing pricing helped the business grow
- Building the 60+ person team at iMocha
- The land and expand strategy
- Why Amit raised $600K in 2020
- How Amit looks at using content to grow revenue for iMocha
- Rebranding from Interview Mocha to iMocha
- How iMocha's live coding platform came about 6 months early
- How Amit and his team are choosing which skills to focus on
- The path for iMocha to $50M ARR in 5 years
- Amit's experience as an entrepreneur so far
- Amit's advice for other entrepreneurs
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇