Annelise Hillmann is the co-founder of FRONTMAN, the Gen Z self-care brand for men creating a new grooming category. A story teller at heart, Annelise is an art director and designer focusing on brand identity and marketing strategy for early stage companies. She has a Harvard degree in economics and psychology and lives in Brooklyn. She co-founded FRONTMAN with Nick Bunn in 2018, and also does freelance for companies still in stealth and others post-IPO.
Topics Covered by Annelise Hillmann in this Episode
- What FRONTMAN is and how Annelise and her co-founder Nick Bunn came up with the idea
- Developing the product itself and how they navigated contract manufacturing for cosmetics
- Using a product consultant
- Designing for behavior change and creating the brand for FRONTMAN
- Utilizing nostalgia to cultivate authenticity in brand building
- FRONTMAN’s go to market strategy, and what has and hasn’t worked to target Gen Z
- How they’ve kept their team small so far
- Raising a $150K pre-seed and working with Recharge Capital
- FRONTMAN’s fundraising journey and Annelise’s advice on raising capital
- How Annelise invests in her own health and wellbeing as a founder
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇