Ed Vincent is the founder and CEO of Festival Pass, the world’s first festival and live events subscription marketplace providing access to thousands of experiences around the globe across music, film, food and wine, art, sports, theater, lifestyle, and tech & innovation experiences. Enjoy thousands of events & festivals locally and globally for one monthly fee. Festival Pass is a story about community and creating experiences that change you. We as humans need connection - it’s in our DNA, as strong a need as food, water and warmth. The team at Festival Pass, that spans the globe from Bali to NY to Detroit to Lisbon, is bringing its members the only place to make accessing, discovering and attending festivals the most user friendly, frictionless, affordable and valuable member experience possible.
Ed Vincent is an entrepreneur with over 25 years of business, technology and management experience including 6 years banking and valuation experience. He founded an e-commerce business in 1999 which was sold to a competitor in 2001, and is a repeat founder including SimplyEngage, myProducer, & Predict Ventures. Ed's passion for festivals, and the interpersonal connectivity fostered at festivals led him to found Festival Pass.
Connect with Ed Vincent
Some of the Topics Covered by Ed Vincent in this Episode
- What Festival Pass is and how Ed's 20 years as an entrepreneur led to him founding it
- Ed's experience at Movie Pass and where he thinks their model went wrong and how it could have succeeded
- The credit-based model of marketplace businesses
- Determining the pricing model for Festival Pass
- The value of data
- Ed's vision for Festival Pass
- How Ed raised capital early on and why Ed eventually decided to crowdfund for Festival Pass through Wefunder
- The virtual Festival Pass team
- How Ed views growth for Festival Pass moving forward
- The business model for Festival Pass
- Evaluating partnerships versus paid media
- What makes Festival Pass unique and why it hasn't been done before
- How COVID has affected Festival Pass and how they're approaching the return to live events
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇