Dr. Iman Abuzeid is the Co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a career marketplace whose custom matching technology offers hospitals the fastest, most effective way to hire qualified permanent nursing staff. By 2024, the United States is poised to experience its biggest employment crisis to date, a shortage of one million nurses, putting patient care in jeopardy and hospitals at risk of significant financial loss. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the nursing shortage, highlighting the need for qualified nurses across the country.
Incredible Health is on a mission to reinvent the hospital and healthcare staffing landscape, helping to solve the nursing shortage. As a former medical doctor whose immediate family includes three surgeons, Iman understands the importance of helping healthcare professionals find and do their best work. Incredible Health is based in San Francisco, backed by top tier venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, and is used by hundreds of leading hospitals across the country, including Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Stanford Healthcare, Baylor Scott & White and many more. Dr. Abuzeid holds an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Connect with Iman Abuzeid and Incredible Health
- Incredible Health
- Incredible Health's Newly Enhanced Platform
- Free continuing education units
- Free nurse salary estimator
Some of the Topics Covered by Iman Abuzeid in this Episode
- How Incredible Health got started
- Being 1 million nurses short in the U.S. by 2024
- How Iman figured out what the initial version of Incredible Health would be
- Creating a solution that's 10x better than what's currently available
- How Iman met her co-founder, Rome, and the conversation around going into business together
- How Iman thought through the equity split early on
- Raising a few hundred thousand dollars from friends and family to get Incredible Health off the ground
- Raising a $2.4M Seed Round in 2-3 months after going through the NFX accelerator
- Raising a $15M Series A in 4-5 weeks led by Jeff Jordan at Andreessen Horowitz
- Iman's advice for fundraising and creating a process and how her own skills evolved
- How Iman brought on the first hospitals through cold-calling
- The MVP of Incredible Health and why you have to fight the urge to ship perfection
- How the team has grown for Incredible Health
- The values of Incredible Health and how it's part of everything they do
- How Incredible Health uses customer insights to develop their platform, operations, and marketing
- Why Incredible Health offers free continuing education for every nurse in the country
- How Iman thinks through the products and tools they're going to provide to their customers
- The sales process of getting hospitals on their platform
- The 3 biggest value adds of the investors Iman has for Incredible Health
- Questions that Iman asked of CEOs for reference checks on investors
- How Iman takes care of her own mental health and why she has a therapist
- How getting an MBA from Wharton impacted Iman's journey as an entrepreneur
- Books and blogs that Iman recommends
- How Iman recharges away from work and why she doesn't work on Saturdays
- Iman's experience as a minority woman founder
- Diversity debt
About Our Partners
This episode is brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work", 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. Top companies hire Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇