Jonny Price is the Director of Fundraising at Wefunder where he is working to empower entrepreneurs with capital and customers. He finds great entrepreneurs and helps them succeed on the Wefunder platform.
About Our Partners
This episode is also brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country’s fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work”, 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
Some of the Topics Covered by Jonny Price in this Episode
- What Wefunder does
- What an accredited investor is
- The types of crowdfunding platforms and who should consider raising funds this way
- The process for an entrepreneur getting started with Wefunder
- How long the average crowdfunding campaigns takes from beginning to completion
- The pre-launch tasks a startup completes before their campaign goes live
- The benefits of regulation crowdfunding
- Potential downsides of crowdfunding
- Why thoughts around equity crowdfunding are evolving for VCs
- The process of getting a lead investor on Wefunder
- The two main value props of Wefunder
- The types of capital raised through Wefunder
- What separates Wefunder from other equity crowdfunding platforms
- How Jonny decided to join Wefunder
- The potential lift of the cap on regulation crowdfunding from $1.07M to $5M
- Wefunder being on track from $7M of investment volume this month
- The minimum and average investment on Wefunder
- Some of the best companies to come out of Wefunder
- What's next for crowdfunding
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇