Josh Clemente, Founder of Levels, is a mechanical engineer and CrossFit-L2 trainer. At SpaceX, he led a team to develop life support systems that sustained astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley on their May 2020 trip to the International Space Station aboard Dragon Endeavor: the first new crew-carrying spacecraft since 1980. Josh has also spent time designing and building Hyperloop technology and leading engineering for a company providing vehicle-based rescue systems for emergency response teams. Josh enjoys the outdoors, functional fitness training, technology, coffee, and restoring motorcycles.
About Our Partner
This episode is brought to you by Pivot CMO. Whether you’re a startup and you’ve just launched your product or a larger business, accelerate your growth with performance marketing solutions from our partner, Pivot CMO. Pivot specializes in performance marketing solutions that have helped countless companies double or even triple in the first few months of working with them. They’re boutique, extremely data-driven, and launch and iterate quickly. 84% of their clients double their revenue.
Pivot CMO is focused on digital marketing channels like Facebook/Instagram, Google, Pinterest, and TikTok. Their founders are involved with every account so you don’t get a low-level account manager, but instead a highly skilled and experienced, outsourced CMO.
They’ve helped a number of Y Combinator and venture-backed companies along with fortune 500 companies, so no matter the size or stage of your company, use Pivot to help with all of your marketing and growth needs.
Some of the Topics Covered by Josh Clemente in this Episode
- What Josh is doing with Levels today and why he started it
- How your metabolism affects how you process food
- The working environment at SpaceX and why Josh got burnt out
- How Josh decided when the timing was right to quit his job to start Levels
- How to build a world-class team
- The product Josh and his team created at Levels
- The educational component of Levels and how that's led to a waitlist of 50,000 people
- The competitive landscape in this space
- What's been helpful for Josh around leading the company
- The importance of transparency
- Fundraising for Levels
- What Josh's schedule looks like today
- Why Josh is doing more endurance training in his own workouts now
To book a free consultation visit pivotcmo.com.
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇