Matthew Loper is the Co-Founder and CEO of Wellth, a company that uses behavioral economics to drastically improve care plan adherence in patients with chronic conditions. This improvement to adherence allows risk-bearing providers to reduce readmissions, health insurers to reduce the total cost of care, and life insurers to confidently underwrite underserved customer populations like type 2 diabetics.
About Our Partners
This episode is brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work", 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. Top companies hire Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Connect with Matthew Loper and Wellth
Some of the Topics Covered by Matthew Loper in this Episode
- What Wellth is and how it got started
- How Matthew transitioned from healthcare investing to entrepreneurship
- Aligning the incentives of payers, providers, and patients in healthcare
- The first thing Matthew did to validate the idea for Wellth
- How Matthew made an educated bet on product-market fit for Wellth
- Why it consistently takes 5 years for healthcare companies to get to a Series A
- Conversations with Matthew and his family when he decided to quit his nice job to start a company
- Why Matthew didn't want to raise too much money early on with Wellth
- Why Matthew didn't take a salary for 3 years
- How Matthew convinced his Co-Founder to leave a great company to join him at Wellth
- The initial product for Wellth and why they've made lots of adjustments along the way
- How Matthew got the first people enrolled in Wellth
- The growth of Wellth and what's fueled it over the past few years
- How Matt has gone about growing the team at Wellth
- The process of fundraising for Wellth
- The challenges other entrepreneurs in healthcare should think about
- The standard patient journey when working with Wellth
- How most of Matt's time is spent now at Wellth
- How Matt prioritizes which partners he wants to work with
- What Matt does to invest in his own mental health and performance as a Founder and CEO
- How Matt lost 15lbs during the pandemic utilizing fasting
- Matt's favorite book
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇