Ronda Fraley is the founder of The Wine Party Co., making it easy to drink great wine and learn about it. Wine shouldn't be overwhelming. That's why Ronda created a digital wine platform that offers wines that are highly-curated, experiences that are ready-to-host, wine classes, and an inclusive community so that you can experience wine with confidence and without judgement. The Wine Party Co. came from the idea that good wine - which comes with a lot of confusion, uncertainty, and intimidation surrounding its many variations - can be made approachable. And give you a damn good reason to gather people together.
Ronda is not your typical wine pro and she didn't set out to recreate your typical wine experience. The company’s approachable and inclusive vibe is a reflection of her career spent in hospitality, creating memorable experiences for guests and employees alike. Ronda's certifications from the Court of Master Sommeliers and Wine & Spirits Education Trust show that she knows what she’s talking about, but it’s her passion for bringing people together that is changing the way you experience wine for the better. Her focus on a healthier lifestyle also guides her wine selections. It’s why you’ll always find organic wines from small producers who pour love into their vineyards and their wines.
About Our Partners
This episode is brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work", 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. Top companies hire Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Connect with Ronda Fraley
Some of the Topics Covered by Ronda Fraley in this Episode
- How Ronda got inspired to start The Wine Party Co. and how the idea evolved into what it is today
- Going from passion project to full time entrepreneur
- Why Ronda decided to bootstrap the business
- Customer acquisition through networking
- Why the freemium model has worked for Ronda
- The business model for The Wine Party Co.
- Low-budget marketing and exploring partnerships
- What makes a good webinar
- How Ronda is approaching growth for The Wine Party Co.
- How Ronda views competition and what makes her company unique
- How Ronda sources her wines from small businesses
- Short term execution versus long term vision
- The Wine Party Co.'s current traction
- Expectations versus reality regarding entrepreneurship
- Incorporating customer feedback
- Ronda's book recommendations
- How Ronda recharges away from work
- The importance of adaptability
- Ronda's advice for entrepreneurs
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇