Sam Caucci is the Founder & CEO of 1Huddle. He has a firm belief that everybody that works hard deserves access to a job that prepares them and skills them up for work.
His product is helping companies across the globe to make training more fun, effective and accessible for their entire workforce.
1Huddle is a workforce training platform that's getting people ready to work using quick-burst games. Leading the charge to help organizations, across the globe, better prepare their people for the workforce. Clients across multiple sectors including professional sports teams, politics/government, hospitality, retail, automotive, college/universities, and more.
Featured on CNN, Fox News, CNBC, SKY News, Yahoo! Finance, The Huffington Post, Bloomberg, and The Wall Street Journal.
Clients include: vineyard vines, Loews Hotels, ESPN, Audible (an Amazon Company), Novartis, UEFA, Madison Square Garden, the City of Newark, and more.
They are proud to be supported by some of the world's best VC's and investors, including 500 Startups and Tribeca Venture Partners.
Connect with Sam Caucci and 1Huddle
Some of the Topics Covered by Sam Caucci in this Episode
- What 1Huddle is and how it started
- The customer discovery phase of 1Huddle and why Sam started with professional sports teams
- How Sam went about getting the tech talent to build his platform and why he started with an offshore dev team
- The business model of 1Huddle and how Sam grew the company through bootstrapping initially
- What the initial version of 1Huddle looked like
- How Sam adapts the platform to each company that uses it
- Why Sam decided to go through the 500 Startups accelerator and what he learned from the experience
- Raising a seed round within 4 months of completing 500 Startups
- When Sam decided to bring the technical talent in-house
- Sam's experience as a solo founder
- Customer acquisition strategy
- The land and expand strategy Sam uses on the sales front
- Setting up a sales team for 1Huddle
- Building a hiring pipeline with local universities
- How Sam figured out his ideal customer profile
- The biggest challenges Sam is thinking about today
- How Sam invests in himself as a founder and why he's read 70 books in the last year
- Sam's book suggestions
- Understanding what your own personal mission statement and values are
About Our Partners
This episode is brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work", 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. Top companies hire Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇