Dr. Sophia Yen is Board Certified in Adolescent Medicine with 20+ years of experience in medicine. She graduated from MIT, UCSF Medical School, and UC Berkeley with an MPH in Maternal Child Health. She serves as a clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Stanford Medical School. Dr. Yen co-founded Pandia Health https://www.pandiahealth.com/ and enjoys educating the public and other physicians about birth control, acne, weight management, and other adolescent health issues. She has been featured in many publications for her work in reproductive health and as CEO of Pandia Health.
About Pandia Health:
#SkipTheTrip to the pharmacy each month! Avoid unnecessary infectious exposure! Never run out of birth control again!
If you are on the birth control pill/patch/ring, try Pandia Health. Pandia Health delivers a year’s supply of birth control, free delivery to your mailbox, automatic renewal. They take almost all private insurances except for Kaiser.
If you have an active prescription (at a pharmacy or have your doctor send it in), the delivery service is FREE.
If you need a prescription, For AZ/CA/FL/TX/WY peeps,they can provide a doctor consult for $20. Enter code JustGoGrind for $5 off your telemedicine visit.
If you have insurance, the medications are "Free" = no copay, no deductible.
If you do not have insurance, most pills are $15/pack.
About Our Partners
This episode is also brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country’s fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work”, 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
Some of the Topics Covered by Dr. Sophia Yen in this Episode
- What Pandia Health is and how it got started
- How Dr. Sophia Yen tested the idea for Pandia Health initially
- What Dr. Sophia did to make Pandia Health into a real business early on
- The importance of content in the growth strategy behind Panida Health
- The business model behind Pandia Health
- Fundraising for Pandia Health and the use of funds
- The content strategy Pandia Health uses
- How COVID has impacted Pandia Health and what people need to know about telehealth and telemedicine
- How Dr. Sophia went about building partnerships for Pandia Health
- Culture-fit at Pandia Health
- Keeping advertising in-house vs. outsourcing
- What Pandia Health is focused on today
- What women should know about their health and how technology now allows women to "turn off" their period
- How Dr. Sophia Yen decided to get into medicine in the first place
- How Dr. Sophia Yen's past experiences influenced how she runs Pandia Health (And how her accounting background proved to be important)
- What other entrepreneurs interested in starting a health startup should think about
- How Dr. Sophia Yen recharges outside of work
- Why it's important to build your support team as an entrepreneur
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇