Swupnil Sahai is the Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision and previously worked on the autopilot team at Tesla. SwingVision is building A.I. for athletes. Their app provides real-time, on-device video analysis and coaching using proprietary A.I. on just a single smartphone. They were recently featured in the Apple 2020 Fall Keynote event and are backed by investors Andy Roddick, James Blake and Techstars.
About Our Partners
This episode is brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work", 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. Top companies hire Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Connect with Swupnil Sahai and SwingVision
Some of the Topics Covered by Swupnil Sahai in this Episode
- Getting featured in the Apple Keynote
- What SwingVision is and how it got started
- Pivoting from an Apple Watch app to an app for your iPhone or tablet
- Making a decision to leave Tesla to start SwingVision
- Swupnil's experience working on the autopilot team at Tesla... 10 feet from Elon Musk's desk
- Why Swupnil's parents were so supportive of his decision to leave Tesla and start SwingVision
- Getting Andy Roddick and James Blake as investors in SwingVision
- How Swupnil explains such a technical product to people who aren't experts
- How Swupnil has gone about customer acquisition
- The team behind SwingVision and how Swupnil has grown it over time
- Prioritization and how Swupnil looks at who to partner with
- Swupnil's experience in the Techstars accelerator and why he decided to go through it in the first place
- How Swupnil iterates on the product itself to make it easier to use
- Gamification and how they implement it with SwingVision
- How Swupnil consistently gathers user feedback for SwingVision
- Pricing and how Swupnil figured it out for SwingVision so far
- The transition from employee to founder
- What Swupnil learned from Elon Musk
- Some of Swupnil's favorite books
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇