Tom is the CEO and Co-founder of GameSense Sports. For the past decade, Tom has been designing and building sports-related technologies. He helped build several sport technology companies serving as Director of Product Development for Cyton8 Sports and NeuroSport Performance. He was Director of Sports Science and Performance at Elite Sports Services as well. He has helped develop multiple devices and software designed to test and train high-speed decision-making, situational decision-making, attention and autonomic control. Tom played college football at Humboldt State University. Following college, Tom was invited to play and later coach in the European football leagues. When Tom isn’t chasing around a very active 3-year old he enjoys playing music, gardening, biking, hiking and snowboarding.
About Our Partners
This episode is brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work", 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. Top companies hire Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Connect with Tom Pardikes and GameSense Sports
Some of the Topics Covered by Tom Pardikes in this Episode
- What GameSense is and how it got started
- How Tom started working with professional sports teams
- What the MVP for GameSense Sports looked like
- How Tom financed the company initially
- Why Tom decided to go through the Techstars accelerator with GameSense Sports and the traction they had prior to applying
- The business model behind GameSense Sports
- How Tom is going about educating potential customers for his product
- The importance of creating a unique metric for GameSense Sports
- Building trust with customers
- How Tom looks at expanding into other sports besides baseball and softball
- The factors Tom is considering when deciding which markets to expand into
- The biggest challenge of being a first-time founder
- Impactful books for Tom
- How Tom recharges away from work
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇