Zach Evans, my best friend since high school, is a pianist, producer, and kick-ass entrepreneur who turned his passion for piano into a business that’s done more than $1 million in revenue in 3 years. He’s been featured on CBS, Yahoo, USA Today, and has amassed more than 10 million views on YouTube. Zach now lives in Los Angeles and, with the extra time his lifestyle business gives him, is focusing his time and effort on breaking into the music industry – this time as an artist.
Zach is our first three-time guest! In this episode, we discuss where both of our entrepreneurial journeys started and reflect where they have taken us as well as how we've grown ourselves and our online businesses, how we view work, and what's next for each of us.
Some of the Topics Covered by Zach and Justin in this Episode
- Being the first three-time guest on the Just Go Grind Podcast
- Zach's piano course and how it has grown, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The changing world of online course creating
- How Zach views growth and how he learns for his business
- Zach's approach to stress management as an entrepreneur
- Going daily with the Just Go Grind Podcast
- Where to get quality advice for building your business
- How the Just Go Grind Podcast evolved--from sourcing guests to interview prep, technical issues, monetization, and finding a flow
- Justin's entrepreneurial journey and how he got into venture capital
- The key to hiring A-players
- Justin's view on the lottery ticket approach of putting your work out there and making connections
- Learning by doing
- How Justin scaled his network through the Just Go Grind Podcast
- The power of podcasting
- Leveraging content and community in VC
- How equity and ownership are changing for employees
- Evan and Justin's reflections on their entrepreneurial journeys thus far
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇