Zuleyka Strasner is the Founder and CEO of Zero, providing zero-waste groceries delivered fast, all to fit with their mission of removing single-use plastics from the food system. They architected a way to save the oceans while eating cleaner, healthier, and cheaper than ever before, and are leading the zero-plastic movement, one pantry at a time. Zero is fighting against the notion that convenience and environmentalism don't go together, and is proving that you can have what you want, when you want it, without ruining the planet.
Connect with Zuleyka Strasner
Some of the Topics Covered by Zuleyka Strasner in this Episode
- The trip that inspired Zero
- The challenge Zuleyka faced of going plastic-free at home
- How Zuleyka's unconventional customer discovery process led to her actually starting Zero
- What questions Zuleyka asked as she got her business off the ground
- Fundraising and making Zero her full-time gig
- The 263 meetings that led to 6 checks making up her first $500K
- The process of launching and getting to the first 100 customers
- How Zuleyka made her first hires
- How Zuleyka and her team have approached product sourcing
- How COVID-19 has affected the Zero team
- Growing 15X from February to July 2020 and the challenges of such rapid growth
- Becoming a "wartime CEO"
- How Zero's customer acquisition process has changed
- Zero's traction and team as of July 2020
- Zuleyka's vision for scaling Zero
- How Zuleyka views her role
- Zuleyka's advice for entrepreneurs
Subscribe to the Just Go Grind Podcast
Want to Join a Supportive Community of Ambitious Founders?
Learn more about the Just Go Grind Founder Community, a group of more than 90 founders learning and building together each week 👇